Monday, March 31, 2014

A resolve in middle America...

Took Adam a few hours to drive up to where I had made it, Raymore, Missouri.  Raymore is basically a suburb outside of South Kansas City.  I chatted with my friends and family on the phone.  I also looked for a flight out of KC airport on Sat night or Sunday morning. There was only one flight left to Denver at 5:30pm and I would not make that.  It was almost 4pm.

While I was diagnosing the issue on the side of the highway, I knew I had a few options.  One, I could get a tow to a reputable BMW independent mech that could fix the transmission, somewhere in Kansas City.  Two, Adam would help me get it back to Springfield where he would help me find a place back there to fix it.  Or Three, he just buy it back from me and we move on with our lives.

When he arrived, he was apologetic and we began looking the car over.  Fluid looked full, no leaks and no dice on moving forward, even with a full 3 hour cool down of the car and transmission.

I took option 3 that he offered.  I hopped into his big Chevy truck and he drove me to the KC airport 45 min up the road from where we were.  I booked a night at the Marriott Airport and he dropped me off with a check for $3,000, as he had already cashed my check and deposit, earlier that Saturday.

I checked in, had a nice dinner with room service and relaxed in the bed until it was time to go to sleep, about when I originally planned to roll home in Denver.  Bummer.

I flew out that next morning with beautiful weather and was home in Colorado by 11am.  Wife and I went to lunch and thought about what to do next.

No comments:

Post a Comment