Monday, March 31, 2014

Need to wait a week to fly out and drive back


So I've won an eBay auction that gives me the opportunity to purchase this 1989 BMW 325iX in Springfield, MO, approximately 750 miles from where I live.  Looking on United Airline's website I can fly there in one week, on a one way, late on Friday night, and I will only consume 10,000 miles.  750 miles home will take about 12 hours with minimal stops in good weather.

One of the fun things to do when getting an old car is to go through it tip to tail and figure out what it needs and put a plan together to get the vehicle to a reliable, known state.  You don't want to buy a 20+ year car and just drive it with out understanding what it needs and when.  This car appears to need a few things from talking with the owner, his ad and his pictures.  ABS sensor, a new radio, a detail, some OEM wheels at some point, rear iX badge and probably a few minor things.

While waiting for the week to pass, I did a search on Craigslist for E30 parts and found some very clean BMW 325iX OEM BBS rims with new snow tires, up in Boulder.  $500 for four.  I met Mike from Boulder early in the week and picked up the wheels and tires off Ward Rd and I-70.  The Center caps were in mediocre shape but the tires and rims were in fantastic shape.  

No comments:

Post a Comment